7/23/09

Two little, non related reviews...

These last 2 weeks, while constantly looking for the right location and oportunity to continue the J&B Bar way at a different location as before, I offcourse also run into a lot of different places. bars, gogo bars, cabarets but also restaurants etc.

Today I will write a little bit over two places I visited lately, though not at all ubknown with them from previous weeks/months/years, hehe

Earlier this week I went out for a meal and a little walk around with my dear friend RB, an australian from Perth and former regular guest of J&B, and who now lives here in Phuket.
I took him to the little restaurant I often pointed out to guests of J&B and which is situated next to C&N Hotel, in the little soi running left of the hotel aaand oposite the 'backentrance' of the hotels massage business.
Its called Sebai sebai, if I am correct and run by a couple of THai ladies.
The rpices of the food and drink is very resenable if not cheap compared to its quality. Its located on a little concrete raised floor with an iron canope over it and very wel lit (for me a big plus... not only because of my poor eyesight but also because I like to read and when alone I do that a lot, also during a meal).
The softdrinks are priced around 30/40 baht aaaaand shakes are all 30 baht. The average dish prices between 40/50 and 100 baht, with fish dishes as much as around 200 baht. Compared with most restaurants in and around Paradise thats more then reasonable I believe ;-)
IN the past I ate their chicken in yellow curry, duck in red chilly cury, their chicken sate,,,,, pad thai, their selection of omelettes, etc. And I can tell you, one gets not to much, but definitly also not to little ;-) The service is simple but eficient aaaaBUT one has to wait his turn when waiting for the food, because they have only a small kitchen and everything is prepared fresh. So when its busy one has to wait a little... but who cares (in general) because the food is simply good and one is often in no hurry as well. Haha, and with a book, time allways flies as well as in good company!

All the menioned dishes I can recommend easily, as well as Tom Ka Khai (though I prefer to eat that dish at 1st of Seafood, located in the little soi opposite C&N Hotel), their garlic bread, etc.... O, and do not be surprised that when you order something which you think of as an appetizer, that it arrives after your designed maindish ;-)
Just go with the flow and am sure when you visit the place you will leave happy and content........... as I am happy to say most of you guys did when I recommended the place to you ;-)

Afterwards my friend RB aaaaaaaaaaaaaand I made a walk around Bangla Road, Beachroad and back the other way in the direction of Paradise, because we wanted to see if it was so quite everywhere and not alone in Paradise. As we discovered it was, relativly ofocurse, because of the 100% tourist, only 5 up till 10 % is averagly gay (when one follows the statisics that is)... and qwe could not help to feel sorry for most of the smal business owners and all those hard working people who try to make an honest living in and around this bussing nightlife area of Phukets patong Beach.

When walking the last leg of our walkabout, we passed the sign if the to some wel know Superboys, and we dicided to have a look.. to see how they were doing, what changes might have taken place.

Well, happy to say, the place is not changed, hehe... its still that naughty place with boys who like to challenge the customer if the customer shows any interest at all (and one should, when one enters a place like that haha otherwise whats the use going there?). The music is like everywhere else but same time one feels a bit more private there and free to be a little bit more naughty then one would otherwise be.
Some of you I took there in the past, so they will know what I mean, hehe
The boys gave me and RB ofocurse all their attention and we had a hard time fighting ourselfs not to be too tempted to take one or more with us.... yea yea, I know......
2 weeks before, when feeling pretty lonely I took one of their boys with me to hang out inParadise and simply to accompany me to have a good time, and he did a most marvelous job ..... in the end both of us were surprised not only about the amount of people we both seemed to know but aklso that we had lot of them in common as well... haha, so much for wanting to have a night out without too many knowing about it..... but for most of oyu that will not be a problem, as it wasn't for me, I assure you ;-)
But it is good to bump into a guy who knows how to be a good, entertaining host, speaks decent english, knows his way around and is not shy!
In generla Superboys has more of these kind of guys working for them, and as such its a nice way to step out of the Paradise world for a change and jump in something else, though ofcourse: different but same same ;-)

O, price wise, Superboy, being of the beaten track, is not cheaper, though one can not help feeling better entertasined while there... at least, thast how my friend RB and I allways seem to fele when paying them the odd visit every so many weeks....
and to think, its just a few minutes walk from paradise soi ;-)

I will try to make a few pictures later so it will be more easy to recognise when you get back here in Patong!

And again, do not pay attenton to typing mistakes etc.... because I am simply too lasy to check everything on spelling, etc... otherwise nothing gets typed on this or one of my other weblogs ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment